Pancakes are one of those meals that you can whip up anytime when you don’t have much on hand. I prefer to eat savoury pancakes unless I am having them for dessert or second breakfast. My daughter absolutely loves pancakes. It’s one of the few things that she will eat on her own in it’s entirely. Luckily she hasn’t experienced the sweet side of pancakes yet and prefers to eat even plain pancakes with peanut butter.
This recipe is a quick one that is stuffed with fresh zucchini and lightly spiced with cumin. It’s great for picky eaters who won’t even notice the taste of the zucchini (they may notice the flex of green though). But as long as it tastes good there’s no harm right!
I served these pancakes for a quick dinner with sauteed paprika corn, avocado, and cherry tomatoes. They would also be nice with salsa or tomato relish, a side salad and guacamole.
(vegetarian, dairy free, nut free, vegan option)
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup unbleached plain flour or light spelt lflour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1 egg or 1 flax egg
1 cup plant milk, preferably unsweetened
freshly cracked black pepper
olive oil to cook
1.Grate the zucchini. Squeeze out the moisture from the zucchini. I used a few paper towels to do this.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, cumin and sea salt in a mixing bowl and whisk.
3. In a separate bowl beat the egg, add the milk and whisk.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
5. Stir in the zucchini and cracked black pepper.
6. Heat a crepe maker, cast iron pan or nonstick pan and add olive oil to coat.
7. Cook each pancake for a couple of minutes on one side and when bubbles start to form, flip over on the other side for another minute or until cooked through.
* Makes 4 big pancakes
7 thoughts on “Zucchini Pancakes”
Interesting. I look forward to trying this recipe! 😊 Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Harper! Hope you enjoy them!
LikeLiked by 1 person
They sound delicious!
I have zucchinis in the garden at the moment and am looking for new ways to use them. I look forward to trying your recipe – it looks yummy!
I hope you like it Kristah!
These look yum!