Do you hate coriander (cilantro) or just not that fond of it? I am not crazy about it myself and my partner really hates it. However, there is one way that we love it. When blended into a creamy pesto sauce, the taste transforms into something else.
We love coriander pesto drizzled over roasted potatoes. I usually serve it over roasted kipfler potatoes or roasted sweet potato mash (flesh removed from whole sweet potato).
Over the weekend I had some leftover roasted sweet potato and purple potato so I decided to put this salad together. I also recently bought Follow Your Heart Roasted Garlic Veganaise, which is my new favourite mayonnaise. So I mixed my favourite Coriander Pesto with the Garlic Veganaise, which was a match made in heaven. I paired it with baby spinach, but shredded kale or mesclun would work too.
Roasted Potato Salad with Coriander Pesto Aioli
(vegan, gluten free, soy free)
2 cups sliced sweet potato and purple potatoes, cut into rounds
4 tbsp Cashew Coriander Pesto (recipe below)
4 tbsp Follow Your Heart Roasted Garlic Veganaise (or other good quality vegan aioli)
2 handfuls baby spinach or other greens.
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.Roast the potatoes
2. Place sweet potato on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast the potatoes for 20 minutes or until cooked. Leave to cool to room temperature.
3. In a small bowl stir equal parts of pesto with aioli.
4. Assemble salad with baby spinach, then potatoes and then drizzle pesto aioli on the top.
Cashew Coriander Pesto
(vegan, raw, gluten free, soy free)
1/2 cup cashews
4 garlic cloves
1 cup fresh coriander
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup water, sea salt to taste
1. Just add all the ingredients into a Vitamix or high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
*Makes about 1 cup.