I was recently awarded the Liebster Awards by four fellow bloggers. I want to give a big thanks to Momma M from Your Average Momma, SKS from Exquisite Life, R.K. Sandhu from A Moment with your Book and Sunny Irene from Suncafes; for nominating me. I appreciate them all for thinking of me for this award and for all the support and lovely comments they’ve left me. If you have time definitely check out these blogs. They are a written by a lovely bunch of kind-hearted souls with a unique perspective. Also, a big thanks to everyone else who reads my posts, likes them and leaves comments. It truly makes me happy to have your support and feedback.
The Liebster Award is the first award Live Eat Colour has been nominated for. So I am very happy to answer the questions from my fellow bloggers and nominate some other bloggers I admire. Since this post would be way too long if I answered all 44 questions, I have cut them down to 11.
But first, what is the Liebster Award?
This award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It first began back in 2011 and has been continuously awarded to recognise upcoming bloggers efforts. The word Liebster is actually German word that means sweetest, kindest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome
The rules of the Liebster Award:
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs and notify them of their nominations.
- Give the nominees 11 questions to answer.
Questions to me
Since I was awarded by three bloggers in a matter of a week I have decided to combine this award and the questions that were asked.
1.What do you like most about blogging?
I love creating an online diary or information source for myself, that I can share with others. As much as I hope others enjoy it, its also a great place to look back on my travels, interests and delicious things I’ve created or eaten.
2. What do you like least about blogging?
As much as I love connecting with other bloggers, I now have so many other blogs that I follow and support. I receive so many emails weekly on everyone’s blog updates and it takes a lot of time to check them all out and leave a comment. I am a lot more time poor these days, So I have designated time in my week to do this.
3. What is your favourite book?
Anything that’s been written by Michelle Mead.
4. Children don’t listen to elders, how you are going to handle – direct speech or hit them?
I don’t believe in hitting kids. I think it sents a wrong message on how a person should behave when they are angry. Children are little people and they can understand if you speak to them with respect and care. It isn’t always easy to do but its worth it when you get it right.
5. What is your old time memory with your father?
My father singing and playing his guitar. The song he was singing was Little Red Riding Hood.
6. What is your children favourite food?
My daughters favourite food is ravioli at the moment. She also loves cheese, ham, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, pasta, smoothies, raisins and bananas.
7. What is your favourite cuisine?
My favourite cuisine is definitely Italian, specifically in Italy. It is so varied across the country and the simple ingredients are so tasty. Every town has its own speciality, which keeps it interesting when travelling. I like my pizza’s thin and my pasta less saucy and al dente.
8. What you think about organic vegetation?
I am a big believer in eating organic food. Not only is it high in phytonutrients and contains fewer toxins, it is better for the environment and tastes better.
9. What you think about happiness?
I think happiness is what you make it. It is a choice and a commitment to being positive, appreciating what you have and loving life.
10. What do you spend waaaay too much money on?
Well I think this is obvious, colouring books and art supplies. However, I don’t think I spend that much in the big scheme of things. I try to stick to a few pencil sets that sell open stock so that I don’t have to buy new sets to replenish half used pencils. I also try to buy books when they are on sale on book depository or Amazon. I also encourage my family to buy me books and art supplies as gifts, saving me money and allowing them to buy something I’m actually excited about without a huge price tag.
11. As you get older, what are you becoming more and more afraid of?
Definitely, I’m more afraid of heights. It doesn’t matter how many times I try to combat this fear it doesn’t seem to improve. I think my fears, in general, are more heightened since I had a child or perhaps because I’m getting older and death is more real.
Random Facts about Me
- I love fantasy books, movies and games. I like to escape.
- I am really interested in Ufology and love the show Ancient Aliens.
- I named my daughter after the sister of Caesar Augustus (Octavian), which I picked out in 12th-grade Ancient History class. No, I didn’t get it from the TV series Rome.
- Earbuds make me cough.
- I don’t like the smell of tinsel. No tinsel on my tree or in my house.
- I was a World of Warcraft gamer. I gave it up a few years ago but sometimes I have withdrawals. I really miss questing.
- My dream was always to learn the Italian language, which I did at University. I’m not perfect and one day I wish to be completely fluent.
- I don’t have a musical bone in my body, despite learning numerous instruments and my father being a musician.
- I’m still a little scared of the dark and feel better since we installed Octavia’s little lights down the hallway.
- I am a visual learner. I use to codify information for exams and have to tediously write down everything my lecturers say or things I need to learn.
- My blood type is -O, which is rare, as only 9% of the Australian population has this blood. I can give to everyone, but I can only accept the same blood.
Blogs I nominate
I have nominated a few blogs that I follow and admire. They write about all my favourite things, travel, fashion, food and books. I recommend you check them out and see if they have something that interests you.
- Lifestyle Guidance References
- Travelling with Lyn
- Travel Inspire Connect
- Wild Pretty Things
- The Orangutan Librarian
- Just The Beginning
- Random Thoughts
Questions to answer
- What drew you to blogging?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What other hobbies do you do?
- What kind of tourist are you? Culture buff/gourmet traveller/Selfie addict?
- What mantra do you live by?
- Cake or hot chips?
- Coffee or tea?
- Do you believe in diets for short-term to see results or a healthy lifestyle?
- How do you balance blogging with the rest of your life?
- What do you do to relax?
- Do you prefer to do activities or hobbies with others or alone?