Happy New Year everybody! I hope you had or having an amazing time celebrating the end of 2018 and a new start to new year. I am actually really excited about the upcoming year. So many exciting things are going to happen and so many possibilities.
I don’t intend starting the new year with any resolutions. But this year is hopefully going to be fresh start for my health. Once I am feeling 100% I intend to grow my family by one more, followed by my dream Disney wedding in Hawaii. So there is lots to look forward to and prepare for.
This year for this blog I’m hoping to continue to write about travel and colouring. I will also focus more on food and tell you about my new found passion for genealogy.
Before I completely move into the new year, I thought I would take a look back over the last year.
So this year I did quite a bit of spontaneous travel. We visited Singapore and Nordic Europe. I am still in the process of writing about my trip through Sweden and Finland. We saw so muchand I have been a bit lazy in getting it all written up. If you planning I trip to either of these place do check out my posts to see some of the amazing places that you can visit and eat.
I didn’t post that many recipes this year, but these are the ones that made it onto the blog. As you can see its mostly pasta, since thats a big part of our diet. You can find all these recipes and more in my Recipe Index. Probably my favourite recipes for this year were the:
- Hot Smoked Salmon and Ricotta Ravioli
- Coriander Pesto Noodle Bowl with Chickpeas, Green beans and Bok Choy
- Baked Eggs with Mediterranean Hash
- Ginger Anzac Biscuits
Adult colouring still remains a big part of my life. I find it to be a great creative outlet and I don’t see myself giving it up any time soon. I know its not trending so much for regular folks, but the colouring community is still alive and well. This year I review quite a few book reviews, including:
- Inklings (Artist Edition) by Tanya Bond
- Colouring The Lion City by William Sim
- Summer Nights (Sommarnatt) by Hanna Karlzon
- Sèrene by Nicholas F. Chandrawienata
- Escape from Wonderland by Good Wives and Warriors
- Colouring Heaven Mystical Beauties Special featuring Zan Von Zed
- Skymningstimman (Nightfall) by Maria Trolle
- Colouring Heaven Anime Special featuring Desti
- Colouring Heaven Misfits Special featuring White Stag
- Colouring Heaven Fairytale Special featuring Hannah Lynn
- August Reverie 2: Epic by Chinthaka Herath
- Johanna’s Christmas by Johanna Basford
- Menuet de bonheur by Kanoko Egusa
I also did a few of themed colouring projects:
Here are a few of my favourites from this year:
All the best for your new year and I look forward to bring you more travel adventures, delicious eats and colouring inspriation this year!